DTV and You
Rescan DTV Converter Box
Many consumers already know about the need to run the “scan” function on their digital converter boxes or digital TV sets periodically. Scanning searches for and “remembers” the available digital broadcast channels.
But in some cases, simple scanning may not be enough. There is a procedure – sometimes called “double rescanning” – that can clear your box’s memory of saved channels. These earlier scans may have saved channel information that is now incorrect.
There are five simple steps to a double rescan for a converter box or digital TV, which are as follows:
- Disconnect the antenna from the box or digital TV.
- Rescan the box or digital TV without the antenna connected. As with any scan, follow the on-screen instructions or owner’s manual for your device.
- Unplug the box or digital TV from the electrical outlet for at least one minute.
- Reconnect the antenna to the box or digital TV, and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
- Rescan the box or digital TV one more time.